1. The forestry operation

The forestry operation situated in Romania provides us approximately 70% of our needs in raw material, the other 30%

2. Quality control

Our quality control team rigorously follows the selection of the most beautiful oak logs in order to obtain outstanding staves.

3. Cut down…

After being cut down, the oak is being split and transformed in to logs.

4. Split along the grain…

The logs are split along the grain to guaranty impermeability and solidity of staves.

 

5. The staves…

The staves are being cut in a radial section and after that there are dimensioned.

6. Sorting the staves…

Once sorted, the staves are put in pallets, after that there are put in a aging process.

7. Natural drying…

The staves are watered during 2 months and then placed outside the warehouse for open air natural drying for a period of 24-36 months. They are exposed to wind, rain and snow to gain maturity and irreproachable quality. Well adapted drying is one of the most important phases of production.

8. The barrel form…

…manufacturing of the barrel is a genuine art.

It encloses several stages:

– shaping up the stave

– ultimate finishing of the stave

So prepared, the staves are positioned in rosace to finally give form to the barrel.

9. Toasting

Depending of the intensity and the length, the toast gives the barrel the characteristics according to the needs of our clients.

The process of toasting is very wide and is based on wood embers. It can last between 1 hour and 5 hours. The intensity (temperature) is controlled and the process is long in order to avoid any wood lumping.

10. The bottom staves…

The bottom staves are assembled. We use bulrush to obtain tightness.

11. The final product…

Our barrels are already present in Europe, United States of America, South Africa, North Africa and New Zealand.

12. Customers